BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2010-11 > 1289359195

From: sjc <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Frederick County, Maryland, Brethren Names
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 22:19:55 -0500

On 11/9/2010 11:13 AM, Dwayne Wrightsman wrote:
> On page 180 of Vol. 2 of the book, Inhabitants of Frederick County Maryland,
> is a long list of names of men who paid fees to the local sheriff, recorded
> at March Court 1780. In the middle of this long list were the names, in
> order, of SAMUEL TANNER, NATHANIEL BURKETT, HENRY ELLER, SAMUEL GARVER,
> CHRISTIAN HARTER, JACOB ACKERMAN, PETER CRAMPECKER (sic). These names are
> obviously Brethren,
I'm wondering if a Peter/Pieter Lasley/Lesley/Lessle shows up in that list? I can place
him in Baltimore County about 1764, apparently was in Fredrick County shortly after that,
and moved to western Pennsylvania about 1786. Although I have found some marriage records
that appear to be for some of his children in Frederick County, I have so far found
nothing to pin him there.

SJ

This thread: