BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2010-08 > 1281129579

From: "Lynn Sewell" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Census Records versus Cemetery Records
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 16:19:39 -0500

When doing dates for people that I do not have the exact records for. I
look at the children's ages. For instance someone usually did not have a
child before the age of 16. So if the first child is 1 on the census you
can guess that she was at least 16 at the time of the census. Also dates of
marriage can be surmise the marriage was before she was 16 if you are
assured that there was a marriage. Lynn Sewell