BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2010-03 > 1268940727

From: Phil Ritter <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Bavarian Palatinate to William Penn's influence onPennsylvania
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:32:07 -0700

A good book from a fairly balanced perspective is Kevin Kenny's
"Peaceable Kingdom Lost: The Paxton Boys and the Destruction of
William Penn's Noble Experiment." The interplay between the Native
Americans, Scotch Irish, the Penn heirs, and the Quakers (including
the non-Quaker Benjamin Franklin) was quite complex.