BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-11 > 1257200818

From: "William Thomas" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Joseph Byrket 1760-1833 and Mary ????
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:26:58 -0500

Be careful looking at Burkett families in Bedford County. There is at least
two and possibly more. One family is found in southern Bedford County and
Somerset County, in their respective Londonderry Townships (1800 census).
The other family is in St. Clair Township (1800 census). Then in later
years, you have Burkett's in Blair County. I have seen genealogies that
erroneously mix the first two families together.

Bill Thomas