BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-10 > 1256053987

Subject: [BRE] Black Hawk County, Iowa, Brethren
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:53:07 EDT

I too am interested in names from Black Hawk County. My
great-grandfather's brother, John L Bowers and wife Roxanna Guenther, left Stephenson
County, IL, to move there. The Guenthers and Bowers had been members of the
Waddams Grove congregation in Illinois, so I assume they were affiliated with
a Brethren group in Black Hawk County. About the time they retired, they
moved to Spokane, WA, where they were part of a Brethren congregation.

While the family spelling was originally Bauer, my great-grandpa became a
"Bower," while his brother and those descendants became "Bowers."

Jan

This thread: