BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-08 > 1249223825

From: GEORGE NEWMAN <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Yonts family--Lawrence Younts
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 07:37:05 -0700 (PDT)

My great great grandfather who was COB married a woman who converted before their marriage.  Just at the beginning of the Civil War she inherited slaves from her father.  When her husband was taken as a civilian prisoner by the North, those slaves were the only thing that kept her family going.  She had seven children and was expecting the eighth.  Had the Lord not provided those slaves that family might have starved, as they were living in a section of the country comprised of Unionists.  After the war the slaves stayed and farmed with the family.
 George and Sherry IN GOD WE TRUST