BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-07 > 1247438952

From: "Dwayne Wrightsman" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Can a 98 year-old ride a horse?
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:49:12 -0400

Karen,

Yes, the consensus seems to be that Jacob Black did ride a horse in his 90s,
whether, as you put it, in spite of or because of the daily toils of pioneer
life. My own father kept taking his annual driver's license test through
age 95. The year that he turned 96, he decided not to take the test and
died nine months later. Driving is not as taxing as riding a horse, but my
dad did keep on climbing a ladder and pruning his apple trees with a chain
saw well into his 80s. My wife's grandmother was still mowing her
over-one-acre yard by hand when she was 95.

Dwayne