BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-05 > 1241999763

From: <>
Subject: [BRE] Jacob and Elizabeth (Hostetler) Leatherman
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:56:03 -0500

I am interested in any primary source material concerning Jacob Leatherman
and his wife, Elizabeth (Hostetler) Leatherman. Currently the Internet is
full of confusing information about them - people have gotten at least two
different Jacobs all confused and combined into one and have one of
Elizabeth's sister-in-law's dates as her's!
I have located them in the 1810 Federal Census of Shelby County, Kentucky,
the 1820 Federal Census of Lawrence County, Indiana, and the 1830 Federal
Census of Vermillion County, Indiana - but cannot find them after that.
Several of the websites and on-lines family trees give them living until the
1850's and 1860's, but I can't find them for whatever reason. I thought
perhaps they were living with some of their children, but can't find them
there either.
I think he was born somewhere around 1785 in Pennsylvania and she was born
about 1792 in Pennsylvania. I have fairly accurate and complete records on
their children and further descendants.
Any help, additions, corrections, and/or sources appreciated.
Respectfully,
David Kent Coy (a Hostetler descendant)

This thread: