BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2008-04 > 1207586668

From: "John and Marilyn Murray" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Elder Michael Fouts
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:44:28 -0500

Hi,

Thanks for the discussion on the Pfautz/Pfoutz/Fouts families. I will place
3 generations of this family as I have it. My list may not be complete. As
you point out not all
information on these families can be true.

There were other Pfautz families beside Michael Fouts FZ1 - Brethren Elder-
in my list below. Also note that his (FZ1) wife was not "Catherine
Schaech" -- see notes. I don't have a Barbara Fouts married to Jacob
Stutzman. If she was a Pfautz she could have been a descendant of FZ2 or
FZ3 for whom I have no children in my file because I was tracing only Neff
descendants. Note also that FZ, FZ1 and FZ12 are all named Michael and I
suspect FZ2 and FZ5 might also have had sons named Michael because their
father was named Michael. By sharing information we might be able to sort
these all out.

The Descendants of Michael Pfoutz/Pfautz Family

ByJ john F. Murray

GENERATION NO. 1

.FZ Michael PFOUTZ was born 1682 in GERMANY, Alsace \Colmar. Michael was a
aka Pfautz. He married Ursula MUELENHAUSER. She was born 1682 in GERMANY,
Heidleburg, Steinfurt. Known children of Michael PFOUTZ and Ursula
MUELENHAUSER are:

.FZ1 Michael PFOUTZ b. 21 May 1709 d. 21 March 1767

.FZ2 Jacob PFOUTZ b. 24 February 1717 d. 7 November
1800

.FZ3 Anna Margaret PFOUTZ b. 1712 d. January 1871

.FZ4 Anna Barbara PFOUTZ b. 1714 d. December 1790

.FZ5 John PFOUTZ b. 9 March 1719 d. July 1796

GENERATION NO. 2

.FZ1 Michael PFOUTZ was born 21 May 1709 in Germany. Michael died 21 March
1767 in Lancaster Co., PA, and was buried in Middle Creek. He married
Catherine NEFF. She was born 15 May 1711 in GERMANY, (Bonfeld?). She was the
daughter of Hans Heinrich NEFF and ________ ...... Catherine died 2 March
1789 in Lancaster Co., PA., Warrick Twp, and was buried in Middle Creek Cem.
Known children of Michael PFOUTZ and Catherine NEFF are:

.FZ11 Jacob PFOUTZ b. 1737 d. 23 January 1818

.FZ12 Michael PFOUTZ b. 1734/1740 d. 1824

.FZ13 Catherine PFOUTZ b. about 1742

.FZ14 Johannes PFOUTZ b. 24 October 1745 d. 24 March 1821

Info: from Gene Fuller, 2608 Richmond Ave. Mattoon, IL 61938--John M.
Wenger, Box 205 New Kingstown PA. 17072--Bernice Lupinetti, Park Court
Apt's, Womelsdorf PA. 19567.,--Charles R. Appler,P.O. Box 1897 Hillsboro NH
13244.

John Scott Davenport gave wife name as Catherine Schlauch but later changed

as her tombstone reads "eine Geb.Neffin". Middle Creek Cemetery.

He was an Elder in the Brethern Church. ****

.FZ2 Jacob PFOUTZ was born 24 February 1717. Jacob died 7 November 1800.
Jacob was a aka Pfautz. He married Eva Elizabeth ECKMAN 22 November 1748 in
Lancaster Co, PA. She was born about 1720.

Info from Richard Pfouts .

.FZ3 Anna Margaret PFOUTZ was born 1712. Anna died January 1871. She married
Augustine WITHER.

Info from Richard Pfouts .

.FZ4 Anna Barbara PFOUTZ was born 1714. Anna died December 1790. Anna was a
Pfautz. She married Jacob HELLER.

Info from Richard Pfouts .

.FZ5 John PFOUTZ was born 9 March 1719. John died July 1796. He married
Anna Maria KLEIN 1740 in Lancaster Co, PA. She was born 8 April 1721. Anna
died 1768.

Info from Richard Pfouts .

GENERATION NO. 3

.FZ11 Jacob PFOUTZ was born 1737 in Lancaster Co., PA. Jacob died 23 January
1818. He married Mary BACH. She was born 1746 in Chester Co., PA, Coventry
Twp. Mary died 1819 in Montgomery Co., OH. Known children of Jacob PFOUTZ
and Mary BACH are:

.FZ111 Samuel PFOUTZ b. 9 May 1776 d. 27 July 1843

.FZ112 Michael PFOUTZ d. 1 May 1809

Info: from Gene Fuller, 2608 Richmond Ave. Mattoon, IL 61938--John M. Wenger

Box 205 New Kingstown PA. 17072--Bernice Lupinetti, Park Court Apt's,

Womelsdorf PA. 19567.,--Charles R. Appler,P.O. Box 1897 Hillsboro NH 13244.

Dates from C. R. Appler.

Info: from Gene Fuller, 2608 Richmond Ave. Mattoon, IL 61938--John M. Wenger

Box 205 New Kingstown PA. 17072--Bernice Lupinetti, Park Court Apt's,

Womelsdorf PA. 19567.,--Charles R. Appler,P.O. Box 1897 Hillsboro NH 13244.

Son Samuel May 9, 1776, Buffalo Valley PA. d. Jul. 27 1843 in Montgomery
Co.OH.

m. Rebecca Reinhardt b. Sept.6, 1786 d. Sept. 1 1883. Anc. 0f Gene Fuller.

.FZ12 Michael PFOUTZ was born 1734/1740 in Lancaster Co., PA. Michael died
1824 in Frederick Co., MD. Michael was a III. He married Barbara
CRUMBACKER. She was born 10 September 1734 in Chester Co., PA. Barbara died
13 September 1813 in Frederick Co., MD. Known children of Michael PFOUTZ and
Barbara CRUMBACKER are:

.FZ121 Solomon PFOUTZ b. 1760 d. 1839

.FZ122 Catherine PFOUTZ b. 1764

.FZ123 Mary PFOUTZ b. 1766 d. 1843

.FZ124 David PFOUTZ b. 1768 d. 1849

.FZ125 Hannah PFOUTZ b. 1772

Info: from Gene Fuller, 2608 Richmond Ave. Mattoon, IL 61938--John M. Wenger

Box 205 New Kingstown PA. 17072--Bernice Lupinetti, Park Court Apt's,

Womelsdorf PA. 19567.,--Charles R. Appler,P.O. Box 1897 Hillsboro NH O3244.

Newton and Virginia Poling 10822 Oak Valley Drive, Hagerstown MD.
21740-7847

research on Michael Jr.

Sources:

Chester Co PA. legal Records, Deed Book Q, 336-339 1764, Elizabeth
Crumbacker

to Peter Crumbacker

wiil No. 3784 1786, Elizabeth Engel

Frederick Co. MD. records

Deed G 344, 761, Michael Pfoutz from Charles Carroll

Deed WR 11, 359, 1793, Michael Pfoutz to Solomon Pfoutz

H53, 311, Will of Michael Pfoutz 1824.

GME, 73, 1826, Adm. Acct. Michael Pfoutz

Visit to Wofle Cemetery, Union Bribge. MD

Monocacy and Catoctin, Schildknecht, p. 185-6.

.FZ13 Catherine PFOUTZ was born about 1742. She married Peter CRUMBACKER.

Info: from Gene Fuller, 2608 Richmond Ave. Mattoon, IL 61938--John M. Wenger

Box 205 New Kingstown PA. 17072--Bernice Lupinetti, Park Court Apt's,

Womelsdorf PA. 19567.,--Charles R. Appler,P.O. Box 1897 Hillsboro NH 13244.

.FZ14 Johannes PFOUTZ was born 24 October 1745 in Lancaster Co., PA.
Johannes died 24 March 1821 in Lancaster Co., PA. He married Mary MOHLER
1767. She was born 13 October 1750 in Lancaster Co., PA. She was the
daughter of Henry Jr. MOHLER and Elizabeth LANDIS. Mary died 13 September
1813 in Lancaster Co., PA, and was buried in Middle Creek. Known child of
Johannes PFOUTZ and Mary MOHLER is:

.FZ141 John PFOUTZ b. 1772 d. 1857

Info: from Gene Fuller, 2608 Richmond Ave. Mattoon, IL 61938--John M. Wenger

Box 205 New Kingstown PA. 17072--Bernice Lupinetti, Park Court Apt's,

Womelsdorf PA. 19567.,--Charles R. Appler,P.O. Box 1897 Hillsboro NH 13244.

Best regards to all,

John Murray