BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2008-02 > 1203648994

From: "Wayne Webb" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Muhlenberg County KY Churches
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:56:34 -0500

Merle,

Knowing what we know of Francis Stump; it is likely that his wife was a
daughter of Eld. George Adam Martin. Or at least Austin Cooper relates this
and I believe it as well. I will also postulate that it was Eld. Martin who
raised him to the ministry and perhaps was at Francis Stump's ordination as
well.

And then we know of the connection between William Knepper of the Ship
Allen and George Adam Martin. Don't forget that George Adam is reported as
having arrived in 1729.

Wayne Webb
Editor: Brethren Roots