BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-12 > 1198961139

From: "Mike Rose" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Internet trees
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:45:39 -0700

I think the main problem with posting your info. on the web is the websites
themselves. Most of them will not let you go back and correct the info. you
posted years ago and i am sure had some errors in it. Like Wayne said below,
I to have about 40 years of genealogy research under my belt. I would
venture to say that at least 50 % of what I had years ago was not good info.
When the internet came along, we all jumped on it looking for info.Lo and
behold some of the internet companys sold CD's that we could look up data,
before that we had the History Centers. Probably 90% of what both of them
had was bad info. But we got our start from them and over the years have
learned to correct our mistakes. As I said earlier, the websites that we
posted to will not let us correct, they want new data that we have, so they
can sell it. Would not be bad if they allowed us to delete old files.
There is my 2 cents worth on this subject.
Mike