BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-12 > 1197741089

From: "Robert Carpenter" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] southern migration....Light/Saylor
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 12:51:29 -0500

I am related to these Bashores. My grandmother was a Pasour from Gaston
County, North Carolina. Her ancestor was George Bashore, whose family
migrated into Berks County, PA, later to Lancaster County, PA from New York.
I have traced my ancestry back to Hans Jacob Bashore (variously spelled) of
the 1709 group into New York. I believe that the family was originally
Lutheran or possibly German Reformed. My ancestor, George, appeared to be
Lutheran in Pennsylvania and in North Carolina.

Robert Carpenter