BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-12 > 1197140379

From: "Alice Hawrilenko" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Deeds don't always exist either socan'tbe countedon inplace of wills
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 14:00:12 -0500

Thanks very much Jane. I know that Daniel Z. Keedy came home for burial.
There was an obituary for him in a collection of Obits put together by the
Historical Society. Yes, Joseph Keedy died May 11, 1864 and is buried in
Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
I know that John Keedy was a member of Liberty Church in Orleans, IN. His
marriage to Jane in 1829 was blessed by Joseph Hostetter. Lewis and Polly
were also married by Joseph Hostetter. My grandfather, William Keedy, is
buried at Liberty Cemetery. John's son John and his wife as well as other
Keedys are also buried at Liberty Cemetery in IN.
I also found a quitclaim deed showing that a Sam Keedy purchased land in
Laclede County in 1868 but Sam is a name I cannot link to John or Lewis.
As to the western Brethren, yes. I do believe John was one of the teenagers
in the group that left in 1800. I believe but cannot yet prove definitively
that his father was Ludwig Keedy and his mother was Catherine Welty.Thus far
I have been able to link only a daughter, ":Catron" to Ludwig and Catherine.
"Catron" "Gidding" married a James Calvin in 1803 in Mason county KY
according to the "rites and ceremonies of the Babtist Church by Charles
Anderson Minister of the Gospel." (spelling is as it appears in the
record.)
Catherine Welty was the daughter of John Welty and Eve Gocghnower. John is
known to have been supportive and probably involved in the Dunkard Church in
York county, PA. I believe Ludwig and Catherine left after the death of Eve.
Alice