BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1183037321

From: WAYNE LUCORE <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Drake's Creek in Kentucky
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:28:41 -0700 (PDT)

Drakes Creek GBB, KY has a listing in the Brethren Encyclopedia which states it was located in Simpson & Allen Counties (formerly Warren Co), organized ca 1800 by Carolinians, but may have never had a meetinghouse.

I note that in my RootsWeb genealogy listings I have several Drakes who intermarried with Gish and Noffsinger families in Muhlenberg Co or nearby KY areas, but I am unaware of Nathaniel.

Wayne Lucore Grd Jct, CO

Merle C Rummel <> wrote:
I've been down there, several times. No, I did not know how the creek
got its name and did not look for the name "Drake". Would you send me
more information on Nathaniel and his family?

Merle C Rummel