BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1182558852

From: Merle C Rummel <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Andrew Hoover 1723
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:34:12 -0400

I have a John Hoover (1755-1835) wife: Elizabet Rice (1758-1842), son of
Jacob Hoover and Anna Goode (Washington Co MD), who moved in 1807 to the
Bullskin, Clermont County, OH (SE of Felicity). The Brethren Church was
built on his property there. He seems to have been Brethren back in
Maryland. I don't have information on Jacob Hoover/Huber - but it seems
logical that Jacob was Brethren also. John came directly to Clermont
County from Md, so he was the only one of the group who had not first
gone to Jessamine County.

In the 1789 Brethren migration from Washington County MD to Jessamine Co
Ky, under Peter Trisler, Elder Jacob Rohrer and Abraham Houser, there
were Hoovers - I don't find my list of names that I got at Ft Wayne, so
I can't be more specific. I suspect there was a connection to the above
John.

Yes, there were early Huber/Hoover Brethren - and they claim kin to
President Herbert Hoover.

Merle C Rummel

> I am still looking for any Hoovers or Hubers that were COB members.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Sloan

This thread: