BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1182358554

From: Philip Morphew <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Kauffman/Crist
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:55:54 -0700 (PDT)

Ray, I have been following the discussion about Crist and Kauffman, as I am descended from Jacob Crist and Anna/Hannah Kauffman. My great great grandparents were Abraham Montel (Kosciusko County) and Magdalena Frantz, daughter of Nicholas Frantz (Wabash County, IN).

In my Burger branch Samuel Burger (son of Hessian soldier Johann Henrich "Henry" Burger) married Nancy Hoff/Huff, who was the daughter of David E. Hoff/Huff and Mary Elizabeth Kinzey. David's father was Lewis or Ludwig Huff, nad his father was Frederick Huff.

Samuel and Nancy lived in Botetourt County, VA.

Does this tie in with your Hoff line?

Phil Morphew

wrote:
Dwayne,
I'd love to get a GEDCOM of this line. I have Glicks and Criss's/Cress's and Brubaker's in my tree. But I'm most intrigued about Margaret Hoh.

I have a John Huff (later Hoff) who came from VA/PA and moved to Ohio in 1814. He has been a seven year brick wall for me and I'm wondering if perhaps the name might have been Hoh before.

Do you have anything on her family? Was she related to Valentine Hoh?

Ray Hoff

From: "Dwayne Wrightsman"