BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1182274081

From: "Alice Hawrilenko" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Andrew Hoover, 1722
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:28:01 -0400

I show a Daniel Huber, age 22 arriving aboard the ship Friendship in 1741
with Andreas and George[Jurgen]. That would make Daniel's birthdate about
1718-19. This family has been shown to be Swiss and it is believed they
joined an earlier Huber immigrant The name Huber is found south of Zurich.
That they were Mennonite is also certain. It was common for Mennonite
families under persecution to move into the German Palatinate in hopes of
obtaining land and living quietly. For that reason Swiss children may have
been born in Germany. You might want to check with the Lancaster County
Genealogical Society Library to see what additional information they might
have on your branch of this Huber family.
Alice