BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1182271352

From: Kim Kendall <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Andrew Hoover, 1722
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:42:32 -0700 (PDT)

I have been looking for years for the parents of my
ggggrandfather, Henry Huber, b. June 29, 1805 in
Lancaster County

He married in Manor Twp, Lancaster Co., to Elizabeth
Shank (b. May 24, 1804), d. of Henry Schenk/Shenk and
Barbara Hostetter. Biographies and records list him as
Henry Hoover, Mennonite minister.

Family history says that his father was Daniel HUBER,
born Harve(?), Germany, Died Lancaster Co., PA, at age
103, date unknown. It also says that Henry had at
least one brother, Samuel.

Henry and Elizabeth had the following children:

Abraham Huber, b. 1-25-1826 Lanc. Co., d. 12-3-1907
New Carlisle, Ohio
Henry Huber Jr., b. 11-14-1827 Lanc. Co., Died
Chicago, Ill.
Benjamin Huber, b. 6-8-1829 Lanc. Co., d. Ohio
Christian Huber, b. 11-3-1830 Lanc. Co., d. Ohio
Jacob Huber, b. 2-18-1832 Lanc. Co., d. 3-13-1832
Lanc. Co.
John Huber, b. 11-9-1833, New Carlisle, Ohio, d.
7-23-1883 Girard, Ill.

Henry was one of the founders of the Huber Mennonite
Church in New Carlisle, Ohio.

Some of the family stayed in Ohio and remained
Mennonite. Two sons, John (my ggrandfather) and
Abraham, married daughters of Jacob Snell and their
descendants were COB in the Girard, IL area.

Kim Kendall
Mesa, AZ