BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1182134702

From: "Vivian Markley" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Andrew Hoover, 1722
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:45:02 -0400

These have to be my most confusing group of ancestors that I have. I keep
Andrew Hoover 1722 as Andreas Huber 1722 in my database also. It gets so
confusing as to when all of the various spellings occurred. But I have him
married to Margaret or Margaruite Fouts not a Catherine Fouts. Does anyone
have any "proof"? I think a lot that is accepted as his genealogy came as a
result of the genealogy done on Pres. Hoover and most of us are not
challenging it. I do have him born a Lutheran and that he immigrated in
1738. Some were definitely part of the Back Creek Quakers including Andrew
and they did receive letters of transfer to Ohio. I don't have any of them
down as Mennonites but since I live in Ohio, I have not personally done any
research on these families in North Carolina but I do know that there were
Mennonites in the Carolinas. I know a lot of these families in the Miami
Valley area and Indiana definitely became COB. Strange but I am not sure
which COB churches here were the earliest churches to form here. I am
thinking that Warren Co Ohio was the earliest but I may be confusing this
with the Quakers. Help Merle!

His children did not adhere to the same faith, some were COB and others
remained Quaker but it seems to be more about who they married than a
teaching from their parents.

Vivian