BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1182131584

From: Ron Snowden <>
Subject: [BRE] Andrew Hoover, 1722
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:53:04 -0600

Andrew Hoover, (b. 23 Jan 1722 in Ellerstadt, Germany; d. in 1794 in
Randolph County, North Carolina) was likely the first Huber (or
Hubere) to adopt the surname Hoover--according to my findings. Also,
he may have been born a Lutheran--but joined the Friends some time
after his marriage to Catherine Fautz. IN my records he is referred
to as Andreas Huber. He and Catherine had 13 children--although some
may not have survived early childhood.

I would be interested in learning if anyone has more definitive
religious information on Andrew/Andreas. Andrew is not a direct
descendant, but the nephew of my ggggrandfather. I am having great
difficulty sorting out their religious traditions--which seemed to
change as they moved west. I believe my Hoovers were Mennonites,
some of whom became Brethren in Indiana. Any help will be appreciated.

And, thanks to all of you for your excellent work, and the help you
have offered over the past year.

Ron Snowden

This thread: