BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1180894889

From: "Teri Pettit" <>
Subject: [BRE] "Kith and Kin" still for sale anywhere? and Montgomery Co.Ohio questions
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:21:29 -0700

I would like to buy a set of Lorraine Frantz Edward's "Kith and Kin", but I cannot find current ordering information. Does anybody know if it is still available anywhere?

In particular, I would like to identify where the following family fits in:

1850 census of Randolph twp, Montgomery Co., Ohio, enumerated 18 Oct 1850, lists on p. 44 as family #1868:
Sarah Frauntz, 41; Samuel, 24; Franklin, 16; Nancy, 14; Sarah, 11; Obediah, 9; Rebecca, 1/12. All born in Ohio.

Who was this head of household the widow of?

Considering the gap in ages, I suspect that Rebecca is a granddaughter or some other relationship instead of a daughter. (This census does not list relationships.)

The younger Sarah Frantz above married Joseph Grisso in 1855 in Clark Co, and in 1860 Obediah was living with his sister and her husband:

1860 census of Springfield, Clark Co., Ohio, enumerated 23 July, lists on p. 219 as family #1557/1672:
Joseph Grisso, 29; Sarah J., 22; Rebecca Danson, 10; Obediah Frantz, 19. All born Ohio.
Rebecca Danson may be the Rebecca age 1/12 in the 1850 census with Sarah.

All the known Frantz families in early Montgomery Co. Ohio are descendants of Christian Frantz III and Ann Moyer, and my information on that branch is slim, since it is not my direct line. (I am from the Clark Co. Ohio branch of Michael Frantz II and Magdalena Zug.) Most of what I have on the Montgomery Co. branch came from the article by Elizabeth Miller Lane, on pp. 44-48 of the Fellowship of Brethren Genealogists Newsletter, Vol. 22, No. 3, Fall 1990.

Joseph Grisso above was my GGG Uncle, and I would like to know how his wife Sarah Jane Frantz connects to the rest of the Frantz family.

This thread: