BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-02 > 1170554100

From: "Dwayne Wrightsman" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] The Dunkards - A Remarkable Gathering
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 20:55:00 -0500

I don't know who the Titusville Morning Herald reporter was who reported
this gathering, but he/she must have been drinking something stronger than
hot coffee: "Ten thousand being expected from Illinois alone" was many
multiples more than the entire population of Brethren in Illinois in 1866.
I wonder how many from Indiana alone, and Ohio alone, were expected? And
how were all these Brethren supposed to get to Franklin County, PA, and back
in 1866? Hmmmmm......