BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2006-09 > 1158490528

From: Merle C Rummel <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] William R. Smith genealogy
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 06:55:28 -0400

This is the same Wm Smith as I found down at College Corner (OH/IN)? -
he lived about 3/4ths mile due north of town, on the Indiana side - as I
remember a descendant of his is still living in the home place. I had no
connection of him to the Church there (Lower Four Mile - about 1 mile
north of his place. Please give me more information on him.

Merle C Rummel
Church Historian
> Does anyone have information about William Rose Smith, born between 1750 – 1760?
> He lived in Franklin County, Virginia, moved to Union County, Indiana and then
> in 1825, moved to Putnam County, Indiana. He was a Minister of the Gospel and
> might be the minister, William Smith, briefly mentioned in Rev. Merle Rummel’s
> “The Virginia Settlement or the Four Mile Church of the Brethren.” At his
> death in 1839, he was married to Martha (unknown last name). Additionally,
> some members of the Four Mile COB also moved to Putnam County. Does anyone
> know if COB church records exist or are available from that time period in
> Putnam County. (1830s+) and if so, where I can access them? Any help is most
> appreciated. Thank you. Janie Smith

This thread: