BRETHREN-L ArchivesArchiver > BRETHREN > 2006-09 > 1157544683
Subject: [BRE] CUSTER/HARTINGER CONNECTION - PT.II
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 08:11:23 EDT
Hi Jo......been a little under the weather or would have gotten back with
this sooner. I should have outlined the generations back a little more to show
you exactly where my late husband, George Hartinger, is said to have a tie-in
with the Gen. George Armstrong Custer line. I'll just briefly review it here
and take it a little farther so it will make more sense. This beginning
with only living daughter (omitting grandchilden and great grandchiildren).
Dates can be supplied.
1. Connie Louise Hartinger/Harlan mar. Ray Floyd Harlan
2. George Franklin Hartinger mar. Oris Rosalie Lucas
3. Franklin Pierce Hartinger mar. Mayme Elzabeth Pabst.........
3. Frank's sister, Bessie Mae Hartinger mar. William Thompson Sampson
4. Dorothy Louis Sampson mar. Marvin Brice Custer
5. George A.. Custer, II mar. Josephine Kenny
6. Marvin Samuel Custer mar. May Lennington
7. Brice William Custer mar. Maria L. Stockton
8. Emanuel Henry Custer mar. Matilda Viers?????? (Maria Ward?????)
Emanuel by a Maria Ward???????? were parents of Gen. George A.
9. Nicholas Custer and Susanna Margarite Hoppe ????????
????.....have some earlier history, too...but don't know how valid.
if this might interest you.
Rosalie Lucas Hartinger
Please Note, Jo!
In a recent e-mail you mentioned Watervliet Ave.,Dayton, Ohio. Did you live
in that town, too....and, if so....where? Anxious to hear...and thank you!