BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2006-03 > 1142443568

From: "David Kent Coy" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Joseph Hostetler (1797-1870)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:26:08 -0600

I am a direct descendant of Adam Hostetler (1775-1826) who was a major
influence over Joseph Hostetler (1797-1870) - his nephew.

Adam Hostetler (1775-1826) married Hannah Hardman (1781-1853) 20 June 1797
in Shelby County, Kentucky - not in Pennsylvania as many sources give. Their
last child, Margaret (Hostetler) Sears (1822-1893) was my
great-great-great-grandmother. Several of the children of Adam and Hannah
are pictured in portraits between pages 870 and 871 in the book, Descendants
of Jacob Hochstetler. Joseph Hostetler (1797-1870) who would have been a
first cousin to my Margaret and her siblings, is also pictured.

I am collecting data on Joseph Hostetler (1797-1870) for an article I am
writing for the Hostetler family newsletter, but I am simultaneously
interested in anything on the Hostetler, Hardman, Hon/Honn, Sears, etc.
families. Thanks.
David Kent Coy in Decatur, Illinois