BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2006-02 > 1139496544

From: "Stan Follis" <>
Subject: RE: [BRE] REV. RIFE
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:49:04 -0500

Apparently Merle Rummel is not reading his email.

You can go to the Union County, Indiana web site and read a couple of items
Merle posted on Elder Jacob Rife of Four Mile or Virginia Colony under Dear
Reader: at
http://www.union-county.lib.in.us/GenwebVA4mile/Table%20of%20Contents%204M.h
tm

and R36 on http://www.union-county.lib.in.us/GenwebVA4mile/rife.htm

There is a third Jacob RIFE as his son Joseph RIFE of Wabash County, Indiana
born 1852 was a son of Jacob RIFE and Elizabeth DETRICK of Logan County,
Ohio, yet Joseph's Gospel Messenger obituary mentions his relationship to
the well known Brethren Elder Jacob RIFE of Southern Indiana, but did not
explain how.

I suspect Merle will add more when he reads his email.

Stan Follis

Fort Wayne, Indiana USA

Web site: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~sfollis/

Researching these Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, Pennsylvania,
Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and Delaware Scots-Irish,
English, Welsh and German-Swiss families : FOLLIS, SCHNEIDER, ZEIGLER,
PROUGH, TIMMONS, LONGENFELDT, ROYER, ZUMBRUN, EIKENBERRY, KELKER, FUHRMAN,
KINSEY , HINSEY, THURSTON, CRAMER KINGERY, ALBAUGH, FOREMAN, HOUSER,
EHNINGER, HECKMAN, SHOOK, SWANK, WINDER, BIRCH, ESSIG, VAUGHAN, WEBB,
LANDIS, PARKE, ZIMMERMAN, BRECHT, BREININGER, REAM, SPRINGER, GROFF, GARVER,
MOUNTZ, WEIDMAN, REQUEL, and ANGEL.