BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-09 > 1126295107

From: " Jane Davis" <>
Subject: Re: RE: [BRE] Brethren Encyclopedia Vol. 4
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:45:07 -0500

Dawna--The encyclopedia carries articles usually of several paragraphs about
the congregation, or church if it was in existence longer than five years.
Each article will include some of the important history of that
congregation, ministers who pastored and who were called to the ministry, or
advanced in the ministry in that congregation, deacons and Sunday School
superintendants. The articles do not include membership lists but may
include the total number of members. Generally, whatever the writer(s) knew
about the congregation is included. Oftentimes the records of a
congregation have been lost over the years and membership lists are not
known. Jane Davis.