BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-09 > 1125789370

From: Davis <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Abram H. Cassel letter to Gospel Messenger
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:17:48 -0500

Hello everyone,
I've never written to this list before, but I think it is time. I have so
many questions.
I found this article particularly fascinating!

According to "The Price Family: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Rev. Jacob
Price," dated 1926, Jacob's grandson, Rev. John Price, published a poem in
Mr. Sauer's newspaper in 1753. I wonder how I might go about finding that
poem?

John is my ggggg-grandfather.

Additionally, John's mother was apparently Native American, and I'm
wondering how I might find information on her and her family. In the above
mentioned genealogy, it states that (referring to the Indian lady) ""James
Y. Heckler, another local historian of note, said in 1888: " Her parents and
family resided on the farm (Prices) in a log house on the other side of
Indian Creek, until the latter part of the last century or longer."" That
refers to the tract of land that Jacob and his family moved to from
Germantown in 1721, in Lower Salford Township in Montgomery County, Pa,
according to Dr. M.G. Brumbaugh, in his "History of the Brethren," quoted in
the Price Family Genealogy.

Does anyone know anything about "Indian Creek" in Montgomery County? I
wonder if it is still called by that name, and if not, what it is called
now. I would like to go there and look around, but I've never been to
Pennsylvania, so I want to gather as much information as possible before I
go.

I'm also wondering about the existence of a marriage certificate between
John (Jacob's son) and his Native American wife. They would have been
married about 1722 or 1723.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Sincerely,
Sue Davis