BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-08 > 1124681614

Subject: Re: [BRE] David Brower
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:33:34 EDT

Wayne,
There was not a Brethren church in that area of Washington Territory at
that time.
Only a few scattered family around Garfield. Later in 1891 a church was
started called the Highland church, but only last about 5 years.

Dennis Roth
Olympia, Wash

Afternoon List,
I am back to working on the Gospel Messenger. In the July 3, 1883 issue
on page 8 I have the following item that I would like to see if someone
knows
what churches they may have been referring to.
1. "When last heard from Bro. David Brower was preaching in the vicinity
of Garfield, Washington Territory. He reports good meetings and excellent
interest."

This thread: