BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-07 > 1122657710

From: "Art Miller" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] York, Dauphin Counties
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:21:50 -0400

Doug,
My Zooks are Peter son of Ulrich who came over on James Goodwill in 1727.
My David Miller born c. 1744 md. Deborah Zook (d/o Peter) c1770-75 and lived
in West Bethlehem Twp. in Washington Co., Pa. before migrating to Nelson
Co., Ky. in 1796. He lived near a William, John and Christian Miller who
were there at least in 1781. I know Peter Zook's background and route
across Pa. (thanks mostly to Harry Zook's book) but have not been able to
identify parents of my David Miller. One prospect is Abraham Miller who
died 1754 in Frederick Co., Md. Abraham's son Isaac migrated from Md. to
Washington Co., Pa. in mid 1770's, locating in Hanover Twp. Abraham had a
son David born after 1740 which could be my David but haven't been able to
prove it.
Do you have any connections to Peter Zook's family. I do know several of my
Millers moved on to Indiana from Nelson Co., Ky.
Art