BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-07 > 1120787921

From: "Gale Honeyman" <>
Subject: Hoover-Guth-Rarick
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:58:46 -0400

Elizabeth Hoover b 8 Feb 1784 Huntingdon Co PA d 15 Mar 1857 Elkhart Co
IN, m1) Jacob Rarick b 27 Nov 1778 d 30 Aug 1820 Miami Co OH, m2) 16 Mar
1823 Miami Co OH, Jacob Wise d 7 Oct 1845 age 68?y10m5?d Miami Co OH.
Elizabeth, the eldest daughter of Christian Sr. & Ann/Anna/Anne, is
buried Miller Cemetery in Elkhart County, Jacob Rarick in a lone grave
on their Newberry Township, Miami County farm and Jacob Wise in Wise
Cemetery also in Newberry Township.

I have only an abstract of Jacob Hoover's will which was written 10 Dec
1800 in Huntingdon Co PA, naming wife Anna and children Henry [4 shares,
the rest 1 share], John, Martin, Anna Houser, Christopher, Barbara Rice,
Frene, Maglena Borah, Peter, Abraham, Jacob, grandsons Christopher &
Andrew sons of my son Henry. This seems to be what other researchers
have based the connection to Christian whose wife was Anne Houser. Most
agree that this older Jacob Hoover's wife was Anna Christina Guth.

An abstract of the Will of Henry Guth dated 3 Jul 1801 in Conestoga
Township, Lancaster Co PA leaves bequests to deceased sister Ann by her
late husband Jacob Huber to wit: Martin, Henry, Jacob, John, Ann w/o
Martin Houser, Christian, Barbara w/o Jacob Rice, Abraham, Magdalena w/o
Henry Rohrer, Peter and Feronica w/o George Huber; and to deceased
sister Feronica by her late husband Ulrich Huber to wit: David, Daniel,
Barbara w/o Christian Rine, Henry, Moses, and Michael deceased to his
daughter Susanna under age of 18. I have a question as to whether their
father was Peter Guth who died c1754 in Lancaster County.

This would indicate that Ann or Anna Guth Huber/Hoover died between 10
Dec 1800 and 3 Jul 1801. Like you, I hope this garners some interest
and impute. GESH