BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-04 > 1113831838

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Miller and related families--Joseph Hill
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:43:58 GMT

Hi Art,

Our family also lived in West Bethlehem Twp., Washington Co., PA and one of your Millers may have married into our family. I think, but am not sure that the farm of my 4th great grandparents, Michael Dague and Margaret Swinehart Dague, was adjacent to the Leatherman Farm. Some of Margaret Swinehart's Neff/Swinehart family moved to Washington Co. from Frederick Co., MD. There is some evidence that Michael Dague's family may have lived for a brief time in Maryland, too. The Dagues were from Lancaster, PA.

Several children of Michael Dague and Margaret Swinehart Dague moved from West Bethlehem Twp., Washington Co., PA to Wayne Co., OH. Among them were my 3rd. great grandparents, Frederick Dague and Catherine Harsh/Hersh/Hirsch Dague who moved from Washington Co. in about 1819. Their son, Jonas married Dinah Miller (b. Oct. 14, 1837) on Nov. 20, 1855 in Baughman Twp., Wayne Co. Later Jonas and Dinah moved from Wayne Co. and became members of Black River Brethren Church in Chatham, Medina Co, OH. Jonas is buried in that church cemetery. After his death, Dinah Miller Dague joined her children in Iowa. She died in Gilman, IA, May 19, 1891. Did any of your Millers move to Ohio from Washington Co., PA?

Cathy Martin

Now includes pop-up blocker!