Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-03 > 1112289852

Subject: Re: [BRE] The Irish and the Dunker...
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:24:12 EST

In a message dated 3/16/2005 2:13:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> don't you think that it probably was true then as now, that the husband
> often chose to attend the church of his wife's persuasion -- regaradless of
> ethnic origin or even the church he was brought up in?

I thought that in the 1900s, it was the opposite: that women entered marriage
and tended to "convert" to the husband's faith. Am I wrong? I know
Catholics had a rule of requiring conversion (and a promise from the converted spouse
to bring up their children Cathoilc).

This thread: