BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-03 > 1110670860

From: James Shuman <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Maria/Mary and John MARTIN
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:41:00 -0800

>Maria/Mary, wife of John Martin has been identified as an Ulrich but
>IS NOT the daughter of Daniel and Christina Ulrich whose daughter
>Maria/Mary married John Brumbaugh, proven by an estate deed record.
>John Martin was named an executor of Daniel's Ulrich's estate
>(relationship unexplained). Is there proof of the parents of Mary,
>wife of John Martin? John Martin is the son of ___________________
>and _____________________ ?
>
>Pat J.

Pat, As I recall, we went through a discussion regarding the two
Marys, both daughters of a Daniel Ulrich, a couple of years ago or
so. I will tell you what I now have in my data base, but I'm not
certain I can find all the notes from the discussion at that time.

The wife of John Nicholas Martin is:

Mary ULRICH, daughter of Daniel ULRICH Sr & Catharine ( ); born abt
1744 in Baltimore Co, MD; died in Bedford Co, PA aft 1825.

John Nicholas MARTIN Sr. was born on 21 Aug 1742 in Lancaster Co, PA;
died in Woodbury Twp, Bedford Co, PA in 1825. He was the son of Hans
Nicholas MARTIN Sr (1721-1801) and Susanna ULRICH.

Mary and Daniel were first cousins.

Maria Ulrich who married John Brumbaugh was born about 1766, making
her approximately 20 years younger. She was the niece of the older
Mary.
--
James Shuman

This thread: