BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-03 > 1110127184

From: "Dwayne Wrightsman" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Brewbaker/Rummel
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:39:44 -0500

Richard,

Yes, I and tens of thousands of other Brethren Brubakers descend from John
Brubacher and Anna nee Meyer, daughter of Jacob Meyer of Bethel Township,
Lancaster County. After John and Anna married, in 1774, they lived for a
while in Bethel, but, in c1787, they moved to Franklin County, Virginia,
remaining there until 1804, when they moved to Botetourt County (now Roanoke
County), Virginia.

It is assumed by Richard Warren Davis that John Brubacher (married Anna
Meyer) immigrated in 1754 with his father and other relatives from Ibersheim
when he was a young boy. I have no reason to dispute this assumption.

Dwayne Wrightsman (my mother was Brubaker)

From: "Richard Brubaker" <>

> Thanks Dwayne,
>
> I have Richard Warren Davis' Brubaker chapter and I'll take another look
> at it. Are you connected to the Brubakers that came over in 1754?
>

> Dwayne Wrightsman <> wrote:
> Richard,
>
> According to Richard Warren Davis, the Brubachers of Cocalico who
> immigrated
> in 1754 were Mennonites. Some of them became Brethren later on.
>
> Dwayne
>

>> I believe my ancestor Jacob Brewbaker lived for a time in the Upper
>> Antietam Hundred before moving on to Petersburg near Hopewell Township,
>> Huntingdon County, PA between 1790 and 1800. Before that he may have been
>> from the Cocalico Twp. area of Lancaster Couny (or thereabouts). We think
>> that his family were Brethren before they arrived in America around 1754
>> from the Palatinate.
>>
>> Anyone know anything about any of these immigration patterns?
>>
>> Richard>

This thread: