BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-11 > 1101873837

Subject: Re: [BRE] Re: Samuel Garber b 1756 - d ?1814 Tennessee
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:03:57 EST

Gladys and other Garber-Miller researchers,

I noticed this post on Samuel Garber, how his family was from York Co PA,
traveled to Frederick MD, then on to Flat Rock, Shenandoah/Rockingham Co Va.

Am I correct this family may have been in the area of Beaver Dam congregation
in Frederick Co MD ? And second, is there a known relationship to Martin
Garver of Frederick Co MD?

I am curious because my John LANE was also in Frederick Co MD - living with
Martin Garver. In searching for John Lane's parents, one possibilty is that he
*maybe* was related to the LEHNs of York Co (which I found out recently were
also Brethren). Our John LANE appears in 1794 in MD "with no parents in this
State (Maryland)."

I'm also curious because our LANE family is intermarried with GARBERs in
Washington Co Pennsylvania -- where John Lane, wife & kids moved about 1809. We
have a Samuel Garber in our family as well. (I believe his middle name was
Reynolds?)

To my knowledge so far, we do not have MILLERs in the LANE family. (On the
maternal side of the LANEs in one family, though, Maria ANTHONY DENMAN's second
husband was Jacob "Jake" Miller, again, Washington Co., Pa.)

It seems like the York Co PA families connect to my LANEs but I'm just not
sure how or "for sure."

Judy