BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-11 > 1101442594

From: "William Thomas" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Ritter/Garber
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:16:34 -0500

This differs from information I have. There are two John Garber's who
married Barbara Zug's (Zook).

The one you refer to I have as an unknown John Garber who lived in Chester
County, and married Barbara Zook the daughter of Henry Zug and Barbara Kurtz
. Since the Barbara Zook, the daughter who married a Ritter and lived to
age 103 was born in 1785, this could not be her mother since she was born in
1781.

The info I have is that Barbara Zug is the daughter of Henry Zug, who was a
son of Ulrich Zug. The Henry above I have as the son of Mortiz Zug. His
wife is unknown. This Barbara Zug was born circa 1772, and better fits the
Barbara (Garber) Ritter, although means she gave birth at age 13. This John
Garber I have as the son of Johannes Garber and wife Barbara. The John
Garber above, I have no identified parents.

Bill Thomas