BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-11 > 1101362121

From: "Jo Kester" <>
Subject: RE: [BRE] Ritter/Garber
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:55:24 -0500

Mary GARVER, b. 1780, MD or NC; d. 1869, Dublin, Wayne, IN, daughter of
Johannes & Barbara Zook is my ggg-g/m. The following is the information I
have collected

1. Johannes/John2 GARVER (SAMUEL1) was born January 17, 1758, and died
November 14, 1819 in Champaign Co, OH. He married (1) Fannie ?. He married
(2) Barbara ZOOK, daughter of Henry ZUG/ZOOK and Barbara KURTZ. She was born
February 17, 1781 in Chester Co, PA, and died September 10, 1830 in Goshen,
Clermont, OH.

Children of JOHANNES/JOHN GARVER and BARBARA ZOOK are:

i. Abraham3 GARVER.
Abraham live to be 100 years old.

ii. Barbara GARVER, m. ? Ritter.
.Barbara lived for 103 years.

iii. Magdalene GARVER, m. ? Minnich.

2. iv. Joseph GARVER.

v. Samuel GARVER, b. NC; m. Elizabeth Troutman.

3. vi. Mary GARVER, b. 1780, MD or NC; d. 1869, Dublin,
Wayne, IN.

vii. Nancy GARVER.

viii. Jacob GARVER.

ix. Elizabeth GARVER.

Generation No. 2

2. JOSEPH3 GARVER (JOHANNES/JOHN2, SAMUEL1) He married ?.
A letter written in 1861to Joseph Garber by his mother, Fanny, was found. At
the time, Fanny was living in Exeter Twp, Berks, PA. In 1850 Census she was
living in Exeter as Head of Household with Israel 27 & James 16.

3. MARY3 GARVER (JOHANNES/JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born 1780 in MD or NC, and
died 1869 in Dublin, Wayne, IN. She married PAUL CUSTER 1801 in Jessamine
Co, KY, son of JOHANNES CUSTER and ELIZABETH HAUSER. He was born February
13, 1778 in Bertie Co, NC, and died July 01, 1864 in Dublin, Wayne, IN.

Their son , Samuel G. CUSTER/CASTER, wrote:

My mother was born in North Carolina and raised near Lexington, Kentucky.

My grandparents on my mother's side were of German descent and were of a
stout, robust race of people. One of my uncles, Abraham Garver, lived to the
age of 100 years old and one aunt, Barbary Ritter, lived to the age of 103
years.

My grandfather Garver was a minister and preached in German. I had also 3
uncles that were ministers in the same church. I have understood from my
father that they were restorationists, or what we call North Universalists,
that is the final restoration of all souls from sin and suffering, to
holiness and happiness. There is still some of the younger generations
living in Ohio, Indiana and Iowa, but I have never seen them.

Does anyone have a listing of all the children of John Garber Jr and Barbara
Zook. I would like to check my list. Am also interested in the
descendants.
Floyd R & Kathryn G. Mason

This thread: