BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-11 > 1101263461

From: Teri Pettit <>
Subject: Ritter/Garber
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:31:01 -0800

On 11/23/04 6:13 PM, "Teresa and Danny Barker" <> wrote:

> My John Ritter was born in NC in 1777 . I do not know were. John and
> his mother went to Tennessee for 2 years and then he took her back to
> NC. He went to Ky 1800 and then to Dayton, Ohio. He married Barbara Garber
> 1805 ..daughter of John Jr Garber and Barbara Zook. They had there first
> child in Jacob Ritter January 1, 1806 in Ohio.

Teresa,

I would be interested in any information you have to share on this family
group, especially further details on Barbara Garber, such as her date and
place of death. I am descended from Barbara's sister Magdalena who married
Daniel Frantz Jr.

Where were John Ritter and Barbara Garber married? Their marriage is not
listed in Montgomery County records.

http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/family/grisso/FG01/FG01_323.htm

Isn't it interesting how there are three generations of John/Barbara
marriages in your line? (John Garber & Barbara Miller, John Garber & Barbara
Zook, John Ritter & Barbara Garber). Makes it confusing to refer to a couple
by their first names!

This thread: