BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-07 > 1091219882

From: "Baldwin, A Ferne." <>
Subject: RE: [BRE] OBERHOLTZERS and DEETERS - more information requested...voila!
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:38:02 -0500

Here is an Oberholtzer from Ill.

From The Gospel Messenger -- March 4, 1911

Oberholtzer, Bro Jacob, died at Oswego, Ill., Jan. 3l, 1911, aged 88
years, 2 months and 4 days. He leaves an aged wife, four daughters and
five sons. His remains were taken to the Green Tree church, Montgomery
Co., Pa., his birthplace. Services in the church by Bro. C. F. McKee,
after which interment was made in the cemetery near by. Text, Ps.
116:15. Bro Jacob was a faithful member of the Church of the Brethren
for more than sixty years. -- A. L. Grater, 749 Astor Street,
Norristown, Pa.

Sent by Ferne Baldwin
Manchester College