BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-07 > 1090537080

From: "Delmer and Linda Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Re: Pennsyvalia Dutch expressions
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:58:14 -0700

I was brought up-still speak PA German (some call it PA Dutch) and schussli
(schuslic) is a word that means "all over the place" and scatterbrained. You
probably heard your grandmother say "ich been schuslic heit" which means I
am scatterbrained today...not too focused or organized... However I must
admit we never use the word flummox...sorry

Delmer Bearinger Martin
Elmira Ontario CANADA