BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-05 > 1085067951

From: James Shuman <>
Subject: RE: [BRE] Sailor/Saylor/Seiler
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:46:39 -0700

Mary Ellen,

I feel the same about the information I present: use it as a resource
but not as documentation.

It appears fairly certain from the information you, Ferne, and I have
found that there truly WAS an Eva Saylor who married a David H.
Morris, and lived in OH in the early 1800s. Perhaps a few more
investigations into the cemetery records of Miami County wouldn't
hurt, but I feel pretty comfortable with that part of the question.

Now, as you state, we have the unresolved question of how/whether the
Jacob who was Eva's father fits into the Daniel and Jacob Saylor
family I provided yesterday. One of the problems for researchers is
that almost every generation of these Saylors had both a Jacob and a
Daniel -- sometimes a set in each of the families of that generation.
So locating the "right" one can be tediously difficult. On the other
hand, "Eva" is quite rare -- I don't have any other instances of it
at all.

Regards!

JS

--