BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-05 > 1085040234

From: James Shuman <>
Subject: RE: [BRE] Sailor/Saylor/Seiler
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 01:04:32 -0700

In studying the data that Ferne supplied more closely, I see there
are three different death dates for Eva Sailor, and two different
ages at death. Thus, her birth year is calculated at somewhere
between 1768 and 1776.

Thus, she cannot possibly be the daughter of Jacob Saylor b. 1790 who
married Hannah Garber, b. 1799. Therefore, the suggested link in my
father, who most likely would have been born prior to 1750.

In looking through my notes, I found that a Mary Ellen Roher states
Eva was born 15 Nov 1786 in VA to a Jacob Saylor who was born 8 April
1744 in Germany. She gives Eva's death as 9 Nov 1838 in OH, making
her 51 years old at death. Mary Ellen Rohrer also states that Jacob
died 28 Nov 1838 in Miami Co, OH and is buried in the Saylor
Cemetery, Bethel Twp, Miami Co, OH.

I do not find this Jacob in my records. Is he, in fact, from a
separate line, at least on this side of the Atlantic?

This thread: