BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-05 > 1084466615

From: "Mike Rohrer" <>
Subject: RE: [BRE] BOWMAN research
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 06:43:35 -1000

Ferne,

1777 is close to my date for Adam Kimmel.

From the article, "The Kimmel Family of the Cocalico Valley," written by Clarence E. Spohn and published in 1992 as Vol XVII of the "Journal of the Historical Society of the Cocalico Valley," pages 15/16:

"During the American Revolution Adam was appointed a first lieutenant in the 5th Pennyslvania Regiment.... One account stated that Adam took "Camp Flux" (dysentery) and went back to Ephrata where he died on January 27, 1778.... Adam died intestate and administrative papers were granted on February 6, 1778 to his widow Barbara and their son Michael."

Either way, dying in 1777 or 1778, there was nothing stopping the 43 or 44-year-old Adam from fathering Rebecca c1775.

Mike