BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-04 > 1081291052

From: "Bob Barr" <>
Subject: Kessler
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:37:33 -0500

Mickey, Ferne, and List,

In addition to the list of Kesslers buried in Nichols Cemetery, Kosciusko County, Indiana which Ferne Baldwin sent, there are at least three others.

Elizabeth (Kessler) Burket, died 23 April 1858, 66-1-10. She was the wife of Nathaniel Burket. She was also a daughter of John Kessler, brother of Joseph K. Kessler.

Susannah (Kessler) Nichols, died 6 Jan. 1867. She was the wife of prosper Nichols. She was also a sister of Elizabeth (Kessler) Burket.

Lucinda (Kessler) Bryant, 6 Aug. 1834, 18 June 1896. She was the wife of David Bryant. She is a mystery to me. Does anyone know who her parents were or what family she belongs to?

Referring to Ferne's list, I believe that:

1. Ulhigha, Martha, and Mary Kessler were all children of George W. Kessler, son of Ulrich and grandson of John.

2. Ulrich Kessler was a son of John.

3. Margaret was probably Ulrich's second wife.

4. I do not know who Mary was, but she may possibly have been Ulrich's first wife.

5. John Kessler was the brother of Joseph K. and the father of Ulrich, Elizabeth, and Susannah.

6. Peter Kesler [n.b. spelling with one "s"] was the child of John Kesler and Mary Jane (Kessler) Kesler. I don't know whether this John was related to Mary Jane's family or was from an entirely different family. Mary Jane Kessler was a daughter of Ulrich and a granddaughter of John.

Please let me know if you have any corrections or additions to this.

Regards,

Bob Barr

This thread: