BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-04 > 1081288404

From: Fred Spangler <>
Subject: peter becker
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:53:27 -0700

Hello. I am descended from Samuel Harnish b.1704 in Kraighau Germany.
He came to Pa. in 1732 eventually settling in Coacalico twp in
Lancaster Co. Pa sometime after 1741 when he bought land there. After
his 2nd wife died in Pa. he married Elizabeth Becker.

Who is her father and mother? I have no birthdates for her or
marriage dates. Could she be a daughter of Peter Becker, first
Brethren preacher in Pa.? He had a daughter Eliz. b. abt 1715
according to the Brethren Encyclopedia which is kept in the Lebanon
Public Library in Lebanon Pa.

Do you have info on this Peter Becker and his descendants? Did his
daughter marry Samuel Harnish who was a Mennonite? He could have
lived in the Germantown area near Phila. after he arrived in 1732. No
one knows where he was for nine years til he bought land in Cocalico
area of Pa.

Thanks for consideration of my query.

Thanks,
Fred Spanggler