BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2002-10 > 1034042424

From: "gale honeyman" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Rosina and Andrew John Myers
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:33:58 -0500

Cheri,
I had two uncles who married in Montgomery Co OH and moved to Elkhart Co IN....
John Rohrer born 1789 and wife Catharine Rasor
Daniel Rohrer born c1791/2 and wives 1) Mary Poe, 2) Susanna Sigerfoos
In trying to trace them, I had a letter in 1978 from Miriam Glanders of New Paris IN in which she says, "I was hoping when I read your letter that we would have some connection. However, if we do, it would come from the family in PA, as my Rohrers came to IN from Holmes Co OH. And I believe that they were Amish or maybe Mennonite." She did not tell me further of her Rohrer's but did send some material on the families of my two uncles. Both of these men started out Brethren, but I am not sure they remained within the faith in Indiana. It seems that most of their children aligned with other denominations. From my own digging, I have found Rohrer's within the Mennonite faith in PA, but not among the Amish. Hope there is a clue or two here for your further research.
GESH

This thread: