BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2001-10 > 1002976175

From: "Christine Johns" <> (by way of Joe Bosserman <>)
Subject: [BRE] Neffs in Washington Co, PA
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 06:29:35

Hi, I don't have much on Neffs except that Margaret Neff married John
Shideler(Johan George Schaeiteler) in Frederick Co, MD in 1739 and moved
into Washington Co, MD. My 4gf Benjamin Bowman m. an Elizabeth Shideler who
was either the gd or ggd of John. Her father was either George Adam
Shideler, Sr. or Jr. The Bowmans moved on into Montgomery Co, OH, where
Shidelers could also be found and then into Wayne Co, IN. Does anyone have
any information that would pin down Elizabeth Shidelers father. They were
all a/w the what later became the COB. Elizabeth Shideler and Benjamin
Bowman were probably m. in Washington Co, PA. Benjamin, Jr was born in
Montgomery Co, OH in 1808 or 1809. A Shideler who some feel was from this
same line m. into my Hoover line about two generations later. The Bowmans
and Hoovers joined when my ggp married. cbj