BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2001-08 > 0996877004

From: "gale honeyman" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] RE: WARNER/HATFIELD
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:23:04 -0500

Jeanette....just returned from the Hayner and we are fresh out of luck. They do have a copy of the Kelly book I mentioned and it only carries one line, that of Seth. There are many books of MA vital records up to 1850, each town having its own. When I lived in Los Angeles, the public library there had a very large collection of them. Would suggest you try to go through inter-library loan and try to find Menden to start with, then work backwards. You will be astounded with the material that you will find as they include birth, marriage and death records and are very easy to connect family members and generations.
Found only two of George and Maranda's children's marriages in Miami County...Sonora 31 Aug 1876 by Rev William Jay and Clara 6 Feb 1876 by Charles Welbaum a Justice of the Peace who lived at the edge of Potsdam. They themselves were married by Samuel Albaugh a Justice of the Peace who lived between Potsdam and West Milton. I did not find Zachary & Mary. Also checked the 1900 census for Maranda and she is not listed in Montgomery County. If you do prove her parentage, I would be most interested.
Would you mind posting the children of John W Warner & Elizabeth Mikesell along with the names of their mates. Thanks.

This thread: