BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2001-03 > 0984522309

From: "hal morgan" <>
Subject: Re: Upper Canada
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:25:09 -0700

Andrew KECK (aka KAAKE, KAACK, CAKE) and his wife Sarah (BENE, BONE, BOONE)
with their family migrated from Quemahoning Twp, Somerset, PA to Vaughn Twp,
York County (Home District), Upper Canada about 1810. He died in Markham
Twp. and is, supposedly buried in the Cober Graveyard with his second wife,
Caroline LEIGHTY.
The children all married IN York County and most lived in Etobicoke Twp. My
direct ancestor, John Conrad KECK with his wife, Barbara MISHLER, moved back
to Indiana (Locke Twp) about 1845.
They seemed to have been associated with Old Order Brethren families but I
find no proof of being members of this church.
If anyone has any information in this regard, I would certainly appreciate
hearing from you.
Andrew's father was Charles William KECK and his mother was Appolonia. He
had two brothers Conrad who migrated to Ohio and Adam who may also have gone
to Canada.
Patricia Morgan